Mycotoxins are secondary metabolites toxic derived naturally by certain molds (fungi) and can be found on a wide range of crops, and foods, including cereal grain, dried fruit, tree nuts, peanut, and often thrive in a warm, humid environment. Mycotoxin like aflatoxin, ochratoxin, ergot alkaloids, patulin, T-2/HT-2, fumonisin, and zearalenone can potentially poses adverse effect on humans and animals.
• Aflatoxin A dominant fungal toxin that can be found normally in dried fruits, grains, tree nuts, and peanuts produced by Aspergillus flavus and A. parasiticus where it grows abundantly in a warm and humid areas. There are 5 subcategories for aflatoxin, aflatoxin B1, B2, G1, G2 and M1.
• Ochratoxin one of the potent mycotoxins that normally be found in grains, coffee beans, spices, and ruminant animals that are exposed to the animal feed that is contaminated with the ochratoxin. This mycotoxin is mainly produced by Aspergillus ochraceus and penicillin viridicatum and it is considered a carcinogenic agent against human health.
• Patulin produced by P. expansum are associated mostly with a wide range of moldy fruits and vegetables. This toxin can potentially become a carcinogen and cause damage to the animal immune system.
• Fumonisin, zearalenone, deoxynivalenol Produced by Fusarium sp. These toxins normally contaminate animals through animal feed and eventually to humans.it can cause various effects on health including vomiting, diarrhea, and possible human carcinogen.
Mycotoxin can be found abundantly in most animal feed, crops, and food, hence practical approach and control measure to control mycotoxin from infecting animal and human health is very important. Most countries, especially Malaysia have established regulations to protect consumers from the adverse side effect of mycotoxins. At FC-BIOS, we offer you the most trusted and reliable solution to protect and enhance the world’s level of food and animal safety. Neogen Mycotoxin test kits provides a wide range of qualitative and quantitative test kits to cover all your testing needs.
Below are the types of our mycotoxin product categories: 1. Reveal® mycotoxin tests provide quick, easy-to-interpret qualitative results with minimal training required to operate the tests via lateral flow method.
2. Reveal® Q+ and Reveal® Q+ MAX is a single-step lateral flow immunochromatographic assay based on a competitive immunoassay format intended for the quantitative testing of mycotoxin products.
3. Veratox® branded mycotoxin tests provide precise, actionable quantitative results using the ELISA method with minimal training required.
Are you looking for mycotoxin testing kits in Malaysia? Browse through our collection of quality and innovative laboratory equipment, consumables, and reagents.