Learn best practices, tips, and proven techniques to help advance your research.
Waterborne diseases are a leading cause of death and a global concern. Bacteriological analysis of water is one of the 3 parameters when assessing water safety. With the COVID 19 pandemic, bacteriological monitoring of water quality has become crucial for safely re-opening academia and industry. It also opens new possibilities such as the use of bacteriological analysis to detect early signs of a future outbreak.
In this webinar you will learn:
– Critical parameters for controlling water quality
– Bacteriological analysis techniques and standard methods for bacterial enumeration
– Legionella risk and how to control it
– Tips for proper water sample collection, handling, and identification
– Corning solutions for water sampling, testing, and analysis
Mourad Ferhat, Ph.D.,
After receiving a License in Genetics and a Master’s degree in molecular and cellular biology applied to oncology, Mourad received his Ph.D. from the University of Lyon in 2006 where he studied host-pathogen interactions to discover new mechanisms involved in the phenotypic switch of Legionella pneumophila. After many years of experience in industry, mainly with diagnostic and life sciences companies, he joined Corning in 2019 as Product Manager for the Microbiology and Liquid Handling portfolios in EMEA.