Products > Food Safety & Microbiology > Biological & Chemical Indicators
Mesa Laboratories, Inc. is a growing, highly profitable public company based in Denver, CO. Mesa develops, manufactures and markets, high-quality process validation and monitoring instruments and consumables. From Fortune 500 companies, to high tech start-ups, Mesa Lab’s products are used to assure product quality, control manufacturing processes, and to solve problems in niche markets in healthcare, industrial, pharmaceutical, medical and food processing applications. Mesa Lab’s products are characterized by technical excellence and superior industry reputations.
ProTest is a self-contained Biological Indicator for use in either Steam or Ethylene Oxide (EO) sterilization. Each unit is made up of a plastic container with cap, a crushable glass ampoule with recovery media, and a paper strip inoculated with spores. ProTest is available for healthcare and industrial use.
|R01-PT-1-6-100||100 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROTEST, EO|
|R01-PT-1-6-25||25 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROTEST, EO|
|R01-PT-3-5-100||100 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROTEST, Steam|
|R01-PT-3-5-25||25 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROTEST, Steam|
|R01-PT-3-6-100JJ||100 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROTEST, Steam, D121 value: 2.1 minutes|
ProSpore2 is a self contained Biological Indicator for use in either Steam or Ethylene Oxide (EO) sterilization. Each unit is made up of a plastic container with cap, a crushable glass ampoule with recovery media, and a paper disc inoculated with spores.
|R01-PS2-1-6-50||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE II, EO|
|R01-PS2-3-5-50||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE II, Steam|
|R01-PS2-3-6-50||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE II, Steam|
ProSpore Ampoule is a self-contained Biological Indicator available for use in industrial steam sterilization, while the 4ml version has received its 510k and is appropriate for use in healthcare applications. It is intended for use as a challenge to steam sterilization at 121°C. ProSpore Ampoule is ideal for use in validating the sterilization of volumes of liquid that take a longer time to reach sterilizing conditions. ProSpore Ampoule is also acceptable for use when placed in the sterilizer (non-liquid loads). No activation is required: just expose the unit in a sterilizer and incubate afterwards. See Technical Specifications for available configurations.
ProSpore Ampoule is a hermetically sealed, type I borosilicate glass ampoule. The ampoule is filled with a modified Soybean Casein Digest Broth containing bromocresol purple acid indicator. Each ampoule also contains a population ofG. stearothermophilus spores*. Growth is evident by either turbidity and/or a color change from a purple to or toward yellow. ProSpore Ampoule is a refrigerated item requiring expedited shipping.
|R01-PS1-5-15||15 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquids|
|R01-PS1-6-100||100 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquid, 1mL|
|R01-PS1-6-60NC||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator with neg control , PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquid, 1mL|
|R01-PS-5-10||10 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquids|
|R01-PS-5-50||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquids|
|R01-PS-6-50||50 tests/box||Bio Indicator, PROSPORE, Steam/In Liquids|
Mesa Labs offers a complete line of spore strips for sterility testing in various sterilization environments for both Healthcare and Industrial applications. Mesa’s products are manufactured in accordance with USP Guidelines and the US Food & Drug Administration’s Quality System Regulations.
- Geobacillus stearothermophilus* – For use in steam sterilization at 121.1°C (250° F) to 135°C (275° F), Low Temperature Steam w/Formaldehyde and Chemiclave®. After exposure to sterilant, incubate strips at 55-60°C.
- Bacillus atrophaeus* – For use in Ethylene Oxide (600 mg/L), Dry Heat Sterilization (D-value calculated at 160°C), and formaldehyde fumigation. After exposure to sterilant, incubate strips at 30-35°C.
- Bacillus pumilus* – Used for validation of irradiation sterilization processes. After exposure to sterilant, incubate strips at 30-35°C.
- Combined Species Spore Strips – G. stearothermophilus* (105) and B. atrophaeus* (106) on each strip. For use in Steam, EO, Dry Heat or Chemiclave® sterilizers. Current EN guidelines do not recommend the use of Combined species spore strips. In-house studies have shown the performance of dual species strips to be essentially equivalent to single species spore strips made from the same spore batch.
|R01-1-6100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, EO/Dry Heat|
|R01-1-6500||500 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, EO/Dry Heat|
|R01-3-4100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Steam|
|R01-3-5100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Steam|
|R01-3-5500||500 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Steam|
|R01-3-6100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Steam|
|R01-7-6100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Radiation|
|R01-7-7100||100 strips/pack||Bio Indicator, SPORE STRIP, Radiation|
Mesa spore suspensions are calibrated suspensions of bacterial spores appropriate for direct inoculation of products or preparing custom biological indicators for monitoring steam, ethylene oxide, dry heat, hydrogen peroxide, radiation, and other industrial sterilization processes. Each vial contains 10ml of suspension. The suspending liquid is 40% ethanol or purified water.
- Available in ethanol and aqueous preparations
- Other bacterial spores available on request (Clostridium sporogenes, B. subtilis 6633, B. smithii, B. megaterium, B. subtilis 5230, B. thuringeinsis, B. licheniformis, and B. cereus.)
|R01-SUS-1-4||10ml/vial||Spore Suspension, B.atrophaeus 10*4|
|R01-SUS-1-5||10ml/vial||Spore Suspension, B.atrophaeus 10*5|
|R01-SUS-1-6||10ml/vial||Spore Suspension, B.atrophaeus 10*6|
|R01-SUS-1A-6||10ml/vial||Spore Suspension, B.subtilis 10*6|
|R01-SUS-3-6||10ml/vial||Spore Suspension, G.stearothermophilus 10*6/0.1ml|
Air Removal Test Pack – Intended to evaluate the performance of the Air Removal (vacuum) system of Pre-Vacuum equipped Steam Sterilizers at 121° C (Industrial Use Only).
Pre-assembled, disposable test pack. After exposure, unwrap pack and remove the indicator sheet for your records.
- Lead Free Ink on Indicator Sheet – Safer for medical personnel and the environment.
- Distinct, non-reversible pink to black color change – easy to interpret.
|R01-CI-BDTLF||20tests/box||Bowie Dick Test Pack w/Lead Free Ink|
|R01-CI-BDTLF121||80packs/case||Bowie Dick Test w/Lead Free Ink|
ProChem EXT is a Class 5 Integrating Indicator (Integrator) that is designed to accurately depict the lethality of steam sterilization cycles at 121°C (250°F) and 135°C (275°F). ProChem EXT changes from its green color to black upon exposure to adequate sterilization conditions for 7 minutes at 135°C and 20 minutes at 121°C representing an overkill or extended cycle.
Intended for use in steam sterilizers 121°C or 132-135°C. Not intended to replace regular BI testing. When used as directed, ProChem EXT integrator strips provide immediate visual confirmation of adequate steam penetration into packs. During exposure to steam, the indicator strip turns from green to black. If the strip becomes as dark or darker than the color standard, sterilization conditions were met at point of placement.
ProChem EXT is packaged with 250 integrators per box. Use ProChem EXT in conjunction with BIs as described in current AAMI Standards and Recommended Practices: Good Hospital Practice: Steam Sterilization and Sterility Assurance. Use according to the instructions on the box.
ProChem EXT (Steam Sterilization Integrator)
- Class 5 Integrator
- Extended Timing Beyond Biological Kill
- Clear, distinct, non-reversible color change
- Catalog # CI-EXT
- 250 indicators/box
- Expires 4 years from date of manufacture
- 510(k) Notified as a Steam Integrator at 121°C and 132°C to 135°C
|R01-CI-EXT||250pcs/box||ProChem EXT Steam Integrator for 121 and 135 deg C Autoclave Cycle|
- Distinguishes processed from unprocessed items
- Adhere well to woven and non-woven materials
- Distinct Color Change after exposure to sterilization
- Steam Tape – Color change is White to Black
|R01-CI-STP||48rolls/case||Autoclave Tape, 18mm x 55mm|
Dry Heat Labels
Dry Heat Indicator Labels (DHI Labels) clearly distinguish processed from unprocessed items when used as directed.
Eliminate personnel error and confusion by applying DHI Labels to all items to be sterilized. DHI Labels also can indicate sterilizer malfunction. DHI Labels are adhesive backed allowing them to easily be applied to items. Mesa Labs DHI labels are packaged 1500 to a roll.
The labels are printed with a chemical indicator that changes from green to brown when exposed to Dry Heat conditions. This color change allows the technician to immediately distinguish processed from unprocessed items. Color change is non-reversible.
DHI Labels received a 510K notification for use as a process indicator for Dry Heat Sterilization at 160°C. DHI Labels are manufactured in an FDA registered facility pursuant to current Quality System Regulations (QSRs).
|R01-CI-DHI||1000pcs/roll||Indicator Labels, Dry Heat Process|
Change from yellow to red when exposed to Gamma radiation sterilization > 10kGy.
- Catalog# CI-R02: METO (registered trademark symbol) gun label, 1,000 indicators/roll
- Catalog# CI-R03: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) dots, 5,000 indicators/roll
|R01-CI-R02||1000 indicators/roll||METO (registered trademark symbol) gun label|
|R01-CI-R03||5000 indicators/roll||12.7mm (0.5 inch) dots|
Change from purple to green when exposed to Ethylene Oxide (EO) sterilization.
- Catalog# CI-E02: METO (registered trademark symbol) gun label, 1,000 indicators/roll
- Catalog# CI-E03: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) dots, 5,000 indicators/roll
|R01-CI-E02||1000 indicators/roll||METO (registered trademark symbol) gun label|
|R01-CI-E03||5000 indicators/roll||12.7mm (0.5 inch) dots|